Sunday, September 22, 2013

I am a child

1 comment
I am a child
and yes!
I will make god tonight
I have had enough 
of this tiring flight
of fancy 
I want a god
that 
I need not show,
one 
I need not see
...to just be
religious
oh yes!
I will make god tonight
with all strength
of life
in my pores
she pours,
I am going to
undo yours
that knots
my throat
and rocks
my boat
and make
my very own
like none
you’ve ever known
one who neither
tempts
with an apple
nor
squats
in a temple,
neither slices up nations
nor approves
wars and starvations
one who sits with me
and just loves poetry
oh yes!
I will make god tonight
with all i’ve got
soiled linen,
unwashed dishes,
a greasy pot
with just a pure thought,
a god who loves
the perfections
in
the imperfections
she makes
who can share
half bakes
and burnt steaks
and not demand
higher stakes
whose prayer
is to be eased
into
for she
comes
pre-pleased
and is
fun too
I am a child,
and yes
I will make
god tonight
I have had
enough of
this
dark night!

image :google.com

1 comment:

  1. Child...has the guts! Child has the power... You are the child... You have the power!! Make a use of it!!

    ReplyDelete